For 2019, the OSBA will selectively sponsor five 4-H members across Ohio by providing the basic woodenware and toolkits to establish 2 complete hives. By partnering OSBA, Extension 4-H staff, and local beekeeping organizations with the 4-H members undertaking the beekeeping project, the program will support and encourage young beekeepers by providing experienced practical support and reducing the expenses required to get started in beekeeping.
- Youth must be between the ages of 12 and 18 by January 1st of the scholarship year (2019), be a member of 4-H, and enrolled in public, private or home school.
- Applicant must complete and return the application by November 2nd, 2018.
- The selection committee will carefully consider each candidate and select finalists.
- The OSBA 4H Beekeeping Partnership Program Scholars will be announced by December 3rd, 2018.
The selected Partnership Program Scholars will receive:
- Woodenware and tools for two hives
- 1 year free membership to the OSBA, with electronic newsletter
- Free attendance to the OSBA Fall Convention (including 2 guests).
- OSBA Beekeeper Training DVD
- OSBA Apiary Diagnostic Manual
Applications are available in PDF Format here: OSBA 4-H Application