OpenUSDA Small Business Development Loan Fund

Have you dreamed of starting a business? Do you have an idea for a service or store that you think would make Noble County an even greater place to live or work but you don’t know how to get started?

Working with the Noble County Small Business Loan Program might just be the answer! The program is designed to work with you, the business owner, from the planning stages through the launch.

Small Business - An Engine for Growth

Program Eligibility:

  • Residency: Applicants must live in Noble County or operate a business in Noble County that employs Noble County residents.
  • Income Eligibility: Applicants must be able to document income at or below 250% of HUD poverty income guideline AND demonstrate they are unable to secure a commercial loan or unable to afford a commercial loan at market rates.

Ineligible Costs: The loan cannot finance the following:

  • Existing debt
  • Training costs
  • Non-capital equipment
  • Speculative ventures or
  • Production agriculture

If you need assistance with an ineligible cost for doing business, please contact us for referrals to other programs.

Terms of the Loans:

  • Loans cannot exceed $75,000
  • Minimum of 5% collateral required
  • Length of the loan is between one and five years, negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
  • The interest rate for loans is 50% of whatever Prime Rate is at the time of loan closing. However, the rate cannot fall below 2%.
  • Applicants must provide a business plan along with their application. We recommend working with the Small Business Development Center as they provide the services free of charge.
  • The loan recipient pays for tax and filing paperwork, and a $75 loan origination fee.

    Noble County USDA Loan Application (3 parts)

         Download the pdf form and "save as" once you complete. Print and mail or email to to submit.

This program is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Business Development Grants Program to the Noble County Commissioners and is administered by OSU Extension, Noble County.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

If you wish to file a Civil Rights Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office or call 1-866-632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Administration, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax 202-690-7442 or email at